This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward-thinking organisation who will support your personal development and give ownership within your area of expertise. Hamilton Aquatics are renowned for their progressive ethos and commitment to quality, and as such are seeking a like-minded individual with a talent for ensuring quality within a professional environment.
- Planning and delivery of sessions for Foundation, Development and Potential Squads, or any other squads as directed by the Head Development Coach.
- Planning and delivery of sessions for the school swim squads as applicable.
- Deliver all sessions in line with Hamilton Aquatics’ code of conduct and with consideration of child protection policies whether lessons, squad sessions or school squad sessions.
- To deliver suitable technique/skills based sessions in line with the vision and philosophy of the Technical Swimming Counsel.
- To record swimmers attendance on the registers and upload all details on to the booking system daily.
- To encourage swimmers to enter competitions as per the competition calendar set by the Head Coach, and advise swimmers what events to enter.
- Attendance at competitions, both locally and overseas as required.
- Setting swimmer targets.
- Regularly reviewing training and performance to ensure that the training programme is always moving forwards.
- Running of school swim squad clinics to promote Hamilton Aquatics squad programme.
- Talent identify any swimmers from the Learn to Swim programme and school squads for moving in to the squads.
- Talent identify any swimmers for moving into the next squad level.
- To attend clinics organised by the area team or by direction of the Head Development Coach.
- Dealing with complaints and ensuring that these are escalated where necessary.
- To deal with enquiries and communication from parents in a professional manner.
- To liaise, report and communication with the Head Development Coach on a daily basis.
- Lead area meetings alongside the Area Learn to Swim Co-ordinator. Report and document these area meetings the Head Development Coach.
- Attend coaches meetings.
- Raising any concerns regarding child protection to the child protection officer.
- Have a full understanding of the PSOPs of the site prior to starting the coaching session, and to ensure that these are on site for the entirety of the coaching session.
- Ensuring that all swimmers and spectators are following pool rules and that health and safety is observed at all times..
- Deal appropriately with emergency situations, providing First Aid when necessary and in the event of an incident or accident filling out a report form with as much detail as possible and following reporting to the line manager or senior management as appropriate.
- To attend staff training and CPD sessions, and keep knowledge up to date.
- To consider own personal development needs when choosing optional CPD attendance.
- If the coach is the first on site then they must take on the site management responsibilities of ensuring the pool is safe to use by carrying out pool test and filling out checks sheets.
- If the coach is the last to leave site then they must take on the site management responsibilities of ensuring that the pool is secured on leaving and that all swimmers having been collected.
- If, for any reason, the site manager is absent or there is no site manager at the site, the coach may be asked to take on site manager responsibilities. It is the coach’s responsibility to ensure they understand what this entails prior to the teaching session.
- Complete all administration tasks required for the smooth running of the squads that are directed from Head Development Coach.
- Liaise with the Head Development Coach in order to keep all Team Manager files up to date and ensure competitions entries are done before the closing dates.
- To take bookings and payments and record them appropriately, and ensure they are handed over to the Squads Administrator in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all registers and monitoring sheets are kept up to date, and sent weekly to the Squads Administrator.
- Ensure that pool checks are being carried out, documented, and handed to the Pool Operations Officer each week.
- To assist with the induction of new recruits under guidance of the Head Development Coach.
- To represent Hamilton Aquatics in a professional manner within the school setting and build working relationships with key school staff.
- To have an awareness of, and to adhere to company policies and procedures at all times.
- To have a knowledge of all Hamilton Aquatics’ services to be able to offer as much information to existing and potential customers.
- To assist Hamilton Aquatics with the running of competitions where needed.
- To represent Hamilton Aquatics at any event that is deemed necessary by the Senior Management.
- To complete any duty that is deemed necessary by the Senior Management to ensure the smooth running of Hamilton Aquatics..
- All other duties related to the role.
The position is full time with a 2-year contract which is renewable, the total package will be in the region of 26k to 27k GBP, (tax free and exchange rate dependant). Benefits include health insurance and an annual air ticket to the UK.
Applicants must have a proven track record in developing junior swimmers and managing their own squad or club. Experience in these areas are vital and we will only be recruiting somebody with an experienced coaching background.
How to apply:
If you are ready for this exciting challenge, please email email@example.com, quoting reference HA_DCApril18 . Please include your covering letter, your CV along with copies of your UKCC Level 2 Coaching of Aquatics (or equivalent) Certificate, Lifeguard Qualification plus any current CRB. A detailed job description can be found on our website www.hamiltonaquatics.ae
Closing Date: 15-05-2018
Contact phone: 97144508832