Exceptional communication skills and experience in a customer facing environment, able to respond appropriately & professionally to everyone you interact with in all manners, including face to face, over the phone & via email correspondence.
A valid driving license.
Experience in handling adult & child swimming.
An up to date Lifeguard qualification is preferred but not essential.
The position is full time with a 2-year contract which is renewable. The total package, including all allowances, will be in the region of £28k to £32k (exchange rate and location dependent). The job also includes medical insurance, a paid air ticket to your home country once a year and a chance for a career.
Outline:Responsible for the smooth running of curriculum lessons within the school and to teach the Learn to Swim Programme on an allocated site.
Responsibilities:Planning and Delivery of LTS lessons:
• Plan swimming lessons using the Hamilton Aquatics scheme of work and assessment criteria.
• Deliver swimming lessons to all ages and abilities in a professional manner both in a school environment and in Hamilton Aquatics Learn To Swim programmes, in line with Hamilton Aquatics Code of Conduct and child protection policies.
• Record swimmers attendance on the registers and upload all details on to the booking system daily.
• Record swimmers achievements according to the awards scheme and upload details on to the booking system daily.
• Attend clinics organised by the area team.
• Deliver swimming lessons in the Hamilton Aquatics Learn to Swim programme and in the school curriculum environment when required.
• Record swimmers attendance on the registers and upload all details on the booking system daily.
Planning and Delivery of Curriculum Lessons:
• Effectively manage the day to day operation of curriculum swimming lessons on allocated site.
• Providing the school with technical advice and support where required.
• Ensure all registers are filled out at the start of each lesson, and returned at the end of the lesson.
• Deliver swimming lessons in the extra - curricular programme in line with the schools swimming curriculum.
• Ensure teachers are following the relevant schemes of work and/or lesson plans as outlined in the school curriculum.
• Ensure teacher's folder contains correct documents as outlined by Hamilton Aquatics and the school.
• Ensure pupils are in the correct ability groups.
• Complete pupil records of achievement in line with the school curriculum.
Quality Assurance/Health & Safety:
• Have a full understanding of the PSOPs of the teaching site prior to starting the teaching session.
• Ensure that all swimmers and spectators are following pool rules and that health and safety is observed at all times.
• Deal appropriately with emergency situations, providing First Aid when necessary and in the event of an incident or accident filling out a report form with as much detail as possible and following reporting to the line manager or senior management as appropriate.
• Ensure that the pool equipment is safe and usable and the pool is kept in a safe, tidy and usable condition.
• Attend staff training and CPD sessions as requested, and keep knowledge up to date.
• Consider own personal development needs when choosing optional CPD attendance.
• Attend teachers meetings.
• Attend site meetings.
• Attend area meetings.
• Deal with swimming lesson enquiries and bookings via telephone, email and face to face.
• Communicate with customers in a polite and professional manner.
• Report any concerns to the Site manager.
• Deal with swimming lesson payments and ensure these are passed onto the Site Manager.
• Assist the Site Manager in any task that will aid the smooth running of the site.
• Assist in the office with other administration duties as required.
• Ensure that the attendance is recorded on the booking system and are all up to date.
• Ensure all swimmers achievements are updated on the assessment criteria and booking system.
• Complete mid-term and end of term progress reports as per Hamilton Aquatics standards and deadlines set by the Learn to Swim Manager.
• Promote the site, under the direction of the Site Manager and Area Learn to Swim Co-ordinator.
• Provide content for social media as requested.
• Attend sign-ups and events outlined by the school and Hamilton Aquatics wherever needed.
• Represent Hamilton Aquatics in a professional manner within the school setting and build working relationships with key school staff.
• To have an awareness of, and to adhere to, all company policies and procedures.
• To have a knowledge of all Hamilton Aquatics' services to be able to offer as much information as possible to potential customers.
• Assist Hamilton Aquatics with the running of competitions where needed.
• Represent Hamilton Aquatics at any event that is deemed necessary by the Senior Management.
• Complete any duty that is deemed necessary by the Senior Management to ensure the smooth running of Hamilton Aquatics.
• All other duties relating to the role.
If you are ready for this exciting challenge, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference HAST_Oct201 in the title line of the application. Please include your covering letter, your CV along with copies of your UKCC Level 2 Teacher of Aquatics (or equivalent) Certificate, Lifeguard Qualification plus any current CRB.